Friday, February 19, 2010

carrie is back!

Carrie Bradshaw started many trends during the Sex and The City years. She had women pinning oversized flowers anywhere and everywhere. She made Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin house hold names. She single-handedly brought back "ghetto gold" jewelry (her words, not mine). Carrie can create fashion crazes and with the second movie quickly approaching I can't help but wonder what new fashion goodies await us all. I have watched the trailer for this movie more times than I care to admit, but what I will admit is that I think Carrie rocks this turban and pink one shoulder dress! Could Carrie Bradshaw turn the turban into sidewalk style????


She wouldn't be the first to try. In the fall of 2007, every look that went down the Prada runway was accented with a turban.
Their ad campaign also featured the unusual headpiece.More recently, Kate Moss donned a turban (apparently with Marc's approval) on the red carpet at the 2009 Met Gala in May.


The beautiful Milla Jovovich looks stunning in her cute polka dot suit with emerald turban during a recent photo shoot.


If you're brave enough BCBG has one for $38 in their new spring line.

If you aren't 100% behind this look then the turban knot headband still gives a similar but more toned down vibe. Rachel and Kim are doing it...will you try?


So what do you think? Can Carrie can make the turban chic? Will you wear? I will at least try one on and yes, I hope it looks awesome and I too can be as cool as Carrie:)
xoxo,
the blonde



4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you linked your blog! I just love it! I also adore SATC and I am counting down the days until it arrives. The turbens... not for me... BUT Carrie totally rocks them. I do like your other option of the turban knot headband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually really digging this look, especially the one SJP is sporting. The colors in it are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too think Carrie looks adorable...it's my favorite look from the movie trailer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will rock the real deal ~ I just hope I can pull off the head band (as I speak to my hair: grow, baby, grow...

    ReplyDelete