Friday, February 26, 2010

Overall Overhaul

After a crazy long day, I'm sitting on the sofa watching Pretty Woman and I have to say, I have not been a fan of the 80s recurrence in fashion lately.  I know I'm a big nobody, but:

Shoulder pads = not flattering
Harem pants = maybe some supermodels can pull these off...
Cheap plastic neon jewelry = disgusting
Over-the-knee boots = okay so I really like this one :o)

That being said, seeing some 90s influenced trends coming back to the runway this spring has me a little more excited.  Case in point: white tights - I am completely digging these. 

Last week, I sent an email to the Blonde, declaring that overalls are making a comeback and how excited I am about this fact.  Then, we never thought anymore about it until Mrs. Rachel Zoe herself proclaimed it on her Zoe Report today - who knew?! 

There are so many new takes on this old staple - would you try any of these? 

Calvin Klein's classic version...


A dressier silk version by Jean Paul Gaultier or Calvin Klein...


An updated cut by Jean Paul Gaultier...


Shortalls by Cynthia Steffe or leather by Chloe...


A natural color by Altuzarra...



Alexa Chung is sporting them...



As is Rihanna....



I'm sold!  Are you? 

~ the Brunette

(images via style.com)


2 comments: