Monday, January 10, 2011

yay for snow day!

Snow in Arkansas - especially Central Arkansas - is very rare.


 
Arkansans react 1 of 2 ways when we hear snow is coming:
1. We run to the grocery store for bread and milk and all kinds of comfort foods.
2. We are jaded by promises of snow and ignore the weather alerts.

I am of variety #2.  I never believe it will really happen.  When my mom called this afternoon and said it was downpouring snow in her town (about an hour away), and was sticking, I immediately threw on some jeans and (f)Ugg boots (my fake Target variety Uggs) and went to pick up some work at the office.

As soon as I started driving home, the snow startef falling...


 
I got home just in time!!


So today, I am perched in my sweats with my laptop, staring out the window at the beautiful white!

and occasionally going out to enjoy it myself...


Stay warm and safe today!!

~ the brunette

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOO jealous! we were promised snow here too (lowcountry SC) but all we're getting is lots of cold rain. boo! ENJOY the heck out of your snow day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the snow! We are getting hit again in NJ on Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the pictures and I just saw you converse post and shout out to me! thank you!

    http://ablondeandabrunetteblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/converse-conversation.html

    ReplyDelete