Friday, May 14, 2010

{going global}: south american escape

Welcome to South America!

Although I've never been myself, I suspect my favorite things about this region would be the colors and the beautiful mountains and beaches! 

Mario Testino captures the laid-back vibrancy of this part of the world in a gooooorgeous photoshoot of models Daria Werbowy and Lily Donaldson.
(another blonde and brunette) ;o)
















Now those are some stylish backpackers!!

I can't say I would backpack in 4" wedge heels (though I may try) - but I would definitely sightsee in something more similar to this...



And after a long day of exploring, I would check into a beautiful villa similar to this one...


I would crack open the windows to let some fresh air in,


and take a nice relaxing nap in my hammock on the balcony...




before coming in and getting ready for a night on the town



and going out Samba dancing wearing this...




and finishing the night with a little dip in my private pool overlooking the OCEAN!!


If you're looking for ways to infuse some of the laid-back South American style in your own home, here are a few ways to do so:

Color, Color, Color!  Or as they would say in Peru - Color!  In Brazil - Cor! ;o)







If that's waaaay too much color for you - just a small accent of a very vibrant color works too!
(P.S. despite my love of the Chesterfield, this is my favorite sofa of all time)




Another way to bring the feel home is to layer rugs
(this is a great idea if you're on a budget because you can get small rugs like this for cheap!)
(and you can wash them too)



A mantle can be dressed up with fun colors or even paper fans for a festive look!



Outdoor spaces can be whitewashed and neutral but be sure to add a punch of color - always!





And I can't even discuss going to South America without giving a shoutout to my two favorite Brazilians -





I mean seriously - they grow beautiful people there - must be the water??  ;o)

Hope everyone has a great, colorful, exciting weekend!!!

~ the Brunette



No comments:

Post a Comment