Thursday, October 14, 2010

maximum exposure

I love dressing for the cooler months, and this year, I'm loving every single trend that I see including the fall version of the maxi dress/skirt!  I've always been a lover of long and flowy, so I can't wait to continue wearing this style even when the temperatures begin to drop!


I love that you can dress this look up for a night out...

or keep it a little more casual!


Maxi dresses or...


skirts...they both work as long as you add a jacket for a more fall feel!


Layer, layer, layer!  How cute is she with the her hat and sweater?!?

The dress in the pic above and below, as well as the third pic, is the same Roxanne Grace dress from Shopbop.  The options are truly endless with a great neutral maxi:)

Rachel layers her maxi dress with a coordinating off the shoulder tee....so cute!


If none of these amazing looks have convinced you keep wearing your maxi pieces then I bet this one will...to me, she kills it with this look!


This ah-mazing look would be so easy to recreate on a minimal budget:)
F21 has this cute skirt for $19.80.  It's not offered in black online, but I've seen it in black in the store!



Free People and Shopbop both have maxi categories and lookbooks full of awesome skirts and dresses!
Several images in this post are from the Haute Hippie lookbook.  If you haven't checked it out then do so immediately...look at this skirt!!!!

Anthropologie offers this solid chemise that's great for layering....


and this Free People one is high of my wish list!
The dress also comes in cream and black...would it be completely crazy to order all three?!?

Seriously, your maxi options are endless and the looks you can create are too:)
~the blonde




1 comment:

  1. I just want to be that girl in the first photo! beautiful. I love all your selections.. except I really think miss Zoe missed the mark here. Too "cotton-y" not a word but it is now! :)

    ReplyDelete