Monday, June 21, 2010

my last resort

So I'm not sure if it's because I just left a resort or what, but I'm obsessing over all the Resort 2011 runway shows!  Seriously, I'm in love with like 30 collections. I'll post about my kind of resort tomorrow, but until then here's a few of my favorite looks the resort runway...

Gucci killed it!  I'm so not the preppy type, but I'm so drawn to this collection...even the jeans and polo shirt.  I don't know...I guess I just look at it and think travel?!?

Madly in love with Stella's florals...how fresh!  I can't wait to see some fabulous celeb in the dress on the right!
I bet Renee Zellewgger is dying over Carolina Herrera's presentation...her pieces are perfection.


Versace's sexy 60s show...so many great super fun looks!  Versace always reminds me of Barbie!


Marc Jacobs also did a 60s show, but not in the Bardot or caftan way...more like the prim and proper prom queen way...you know a' la "Shag"

Givenchy, Givenchy, Givenchy...I mean seriously.  If RZ doesn't put one of her clients in that long white dress then I might be the who dies.

(go look at the entire show b/c there are several super wacky, I mean fashion forward, pieces)

Pucci is the quintessential resort designer and they delivered! The casual looks are equally impressive.


Loved Maladrino's city style...again, every single item = fabulous!


And one of the best for last...Missoni! 


I could keep going and going with this...loved Tory Burch's mixed patterns, Reem Acra's to-die-for dresses, Naeem Khan's sequins, Michael Angel's graphic prints and so many more.  

After looking at all these shows the one thing I have to offer is...buy every caftan, one-shoulder, billowy dress/top thing you can find.  Summer sales are starting so grab these items...they will so be here next year. 

I think every designer did some version of a caftan...here's a few of my faves in blue...

Badgley Mischka, Maladrino

or try for pink...
 
Chanel, Reem Acra

or go tribal.
Pucci, Temperley London

And since we are on the subject...queen of the caftan, Rachel Zoe, has announced that she is starting her own line.  I really hope she does it right and isn't just another stylist turned celeb turned designer?!?  We will see!

Happy summer (shopping)
~the blonde


No comments:

Post a Comment