Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Celebrating with Lonny

Has everyone heard of Domino magazine? 

If you haven't, Domino was the greatest magazine ever.  Yes, unfortunately that's past tense - WAS.  I think I had every copy from beginning to end.  One year I asked for a magazine subscription to it for Christmas and we renewed every year.  The magazine was full of great design STUFF, cool rooms, great ideas, really awesome gift items (or a gift for yourself), some trendy designer's "Top 10 Things I Can't Live Without" every month.  And then on January 28, 2009 - duhn duhn duhn - Domino announced it was folding. 

It was heartbreaking.

But that's not where I'm going with this post - there was light at the end of the tunnel.  In the summer of 2009, Michele Adams and Patrick Cline decided to try to fill the void that was Domino, and launched an online magazine called Lonny.  While I still miss paper copies of Domino, this online magazine has had great success - images pop up monthly on every blog out there right after publication. 

As I was flipping through Issue 4, which was published last week, I couldn't help but notice several features that we've posted about, and really felt validated that we're on target with information we  bring to the table!  Today being our 4-month blogiversary, I thought we would reminisce about posts-past, through looking at the current issue of Lonny:

This blue and orange room...

Reminds me of our post "orange with blue...who knew?"...









This suzani print chair...
(notice garden stool too!)

Brings back the "Suzanis - Ethnic Eclectic Embroidery" post!





This black/white bathroom....


I don't know if we can even narrow down how often we've posted this contrasting duo...




A bathroom with jars of collectible seashells...

Is just one more collectible to add to our "public displays of collections"...




Hats on the Door...





The porter's chair featured in Lonny...




One of many featured in "chair flair"




We've already posted one garden stool...

But can never get enough!  Because they are "garden stools: vividly versatile"!
(or maybe I just wanted to show off how cute my deck was that day again!) :o)



Decorating with birds...





Have you ever seen a flamingo this chic?!

takes us back to "bird is the word"...





And a zebra rug (real or faux)...

Is still fabulous!  A look back to "Naturally Wild"...
oh, and another garden stool!




Sheepskin draped over a chair...
(by the way I love the colors in this room - I love everything about this pic!)

We're still "feeling sheepish" about that post!  ;o)



Still a very favorite look.  Glamour has never been so easy!

Hope you enjoyed the look back as much as we did!

Yay for four months - loving every minute!!

Speaking of having a blast, the blonde isn't the only one vacationing this week -
I'm off to St. Louis this afternoon!! 
Nowhere near as glamourous as Mexico but soooo excited to get out of town!!
We'll still be posting all week so see you tomorrow!

~ the Brunette

1 comment:

  1. Well thank you Ms. Brunette! We at Lonny sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm and support. Have fun in St. Louis!
    xxMichelle.

    ReplyDelete