Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Orange Crush

What.A.Weekend.
!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend too!
The weather in Arkansas was top-notch perfection all weekend long, and it was completely fabulous in every way! 

But today...

Today it is dark and rainy and I'm sleepy and don't want to be at work...

So I thought as a pick-me-up we would infuse the day with some ORANGE!


If I woke up in this bedroom every day...wow...I think I would just pop right out of bed!!

Or not..

I have always loved orange - usually a burnt orange, but this bright orange at the top of the wall just POPS to me and I love it!!



I'm a major fan of colored sofas - mine is purple...  :o)


Paint is not the easiest thing to change, and sofas are expensive, so pillows and artwork make great accents as well!


I'm literally in love with the orange pillows piled on this black and white bed.


This would be on my list of top 5 favorite entryways...if I had a list like that.
I love the orange cape in the artwork, the books on the table, the bag under the table and way in the background a great orange throw on a chair.  This is what perfectly styled looks like to me.
And of course I have to mention the riding boots under the table!  :o)


Only two boxes is all it takes to brighten up this monotone tablescape.


And of course I have to mention Olivia Palermo's great Hermes tray in her Tribeca apartment!!


I don't know about you, but orange really helps brighten my day!!
(and the coffee I'm about to get right now...)

Have a great Tuesday!!

~ the brunette

(images via: habitually chic, bright bazaar, coastal living, lonny, unknown, from greenwich with love, la dolce vita x2)

3 comments:

  1. I love burnt orange too - and that entryway is great, I totally agree. I have a couple of orange handbags & holdalls that I really love, it's a great colour :)

    If you have 2 mins to spare, I need a favour over at my blog for my friend Butch....thank you so much :)

    Hope you enjoyed your long week-end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That orange sofa would make me feel happy! Guess I'll have to settle for some orange pillows - Pier 1, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your very orange post! We actually just painted a portion of our kitchen in a really pretty orange shade, and I have fallen in love! I will post pictures soon so you can see what I'm talking about!

    (and I was having trouble posting earlier... you might have a few extra comments from me, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete