Tuesday, December 7, 2010

deck the halls...

I am in the process of decking my halls and thought I would share a little of my yuletide inspiration!    I love all things Christmas and giving every little nook and cranny a special holiday makeover! 

Let's start with by adding a few little jewels to your chandeliers...


Disco ball ornaments in beautiful colors...I think so!



Wreaths are also a must this season. 
I'm just now opening up to their potential.  I kind of get freaked out when people mention wreaths because I instantly think of crappy greenery adorned with holiday knick knacks, but by keeping it simple wreaths really add to your home's holiday charm!

I love wreaths inside...cute ribbon is all you need!



And if you really want to step it up then just add a few ornaments to your ribbon!! 
Love this festive little cutie!



Tell me this isn't a great alternative to the traditional one-large-front-door-wreath idea.  Isn't this great?!?


I'm also loving evergreen swags this season!
I mean this is so simple and so pretty.  Using natural elements always keeps your space festive without becoming too over the top!

Now maybe I should take back that "over the top" statement?!?
This is a bit much, but I love the colors and think it's a great frou-frou formal look:)





Just tucking a few evergreen sprigs into your holiday decor really steps it up to the next level...



My mom always made these oranges when I was little and now I love having them in my own home.


A few more little springs...


This post is getting a little long, so I'll wrap it up with just a few more of my favorite holiday things!

I did this last year and loved it!  It's a Christmas card tree...perfect!  The first few weeks of December your tree will look a little pathetic, but then when the cards start rolling in it's just so fun (and guests love it too)!


This year's new holiday obsession...decorating with candy canes and peppermints...so festive and yummy!


And just because it's too pretty not to post...

Happy holidays...it's the most wonderful time of the year!
~the blonde

(images Daisy Pink Cupcake, Elements of Style, Country Living (2), Southern Living, unknown (2), Lous, Boos and Shoes, unknown, Country Living, unknown, Country Living, unknown, Southern Living, unknown (4)) 

3 comments:

  1. I need to file some of these ideas away - I love the post today - lots of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just stumbled across this blog, and I love it! It's so cool that you guys blog together. All of these Christmas decorations are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! We really have a lot of fun doing the blog, so glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete