Wednesday, December 22, 2010

a spunky design....

My Sputnik love affair began last year when I found an amazing chandelier at one of my favorite antique stores, but the affair abruptly ended when my husband when to look at it and realized that the wiring nightmares with that early 1960s style light would be extreme.   

You can find the sputnik chandelier in so many styles, sizes and finishes...


This flush mount is super cool!


Another beauty...


This office belongs to fellow blogger, Knight Moves.  Her Sputnik is from Z Gallerie...check it out here.


The fabulous Sputnik design isn't just for hanging...
I want one of these sculptures immediately!


This is a such a statement piece...


Jonathan Adler and Kelly Wearstler both offer pretty pricey Sputnik sculptures, but hopefully, the knock-offs will start coming soon:)


I'm not really sure if these wall sculpture/art things qualify as a Sputnik design or if they are just more of a starburst...either way, I like them and thought they fit in nicely with this post:)

These are sold individually by Jonathan Adler...


But this set is from Chiasso and it's $118 for all three...that's not too bad and they would definitely make a statement in any space!  I think these are a yes!


~the blonde


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Shiny Things just posted a diy version of the sculpture! love!

    http://gorgeousshinythings.blogspot.com/2011/02/make-this-diy-starburst-wall-sculptures.html

    ReplyDelete