Friday, April 23, 2010

meet the bloggers: the blonde

1.  If you could only leave the country one more time in your lifetime where would you go?
Italy - Venice, Capri, Rome, Milan, Tuscany, Florence, Sardinia...are you kidding me...please take me now!

I dream of Capri...Hello Jude Law in The Talented Mr. Ripley


But I think my heart belongs to Venice.
To me, this is perfection...


Besides all the fabulous cities there's the food, the wine, the language, the fashion - Versace, Ferragamo, Valentino, Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, Cavalli, Pucci, Fendi, Missoni and these are just a few of the main stream ones!


2. One thing your closet had to have.
White tank tops with black tank tops following a very close second.  I think every girl needs many...long, short, loose, fitted, ribbed, sold, racerback, spaghetti straps, knit, silk...every option for every occasion.  Personally, I love Banana Republics and good ole' Hanes' men's undershirts.

Cute under a jacket, cardigan or whatever

You can dress them up...

or keep it casual..they always work!




 3. Favorite time of the year
This one is tough because I love every season and all that it brings, but if I have to pick just one then I choose summer.  I love being outside...working in the yard, sitting on patios, playing in the water.  Summers are really hot in AR and extremely humid, but I really don't mind.  It reminds me that I'm home when I walk outside at 10 p.m. and it's so muggy I can hardly breath...weird, I know, but I love it!


4.  Favorite thing to eat for breakfast
On a normal day I like to eat Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries.  But on special days (like Sundays) I like to indulge with a yummy dish of eggs benedict....one of my favorite meals of all time.  I love it and always order it if it's on the menu!

5.  One thing you have to do before you die
I really want to take this boy (yep, that's my hubby)


here or someplace very similar. I want to wake up with him and this view


and then get to see amazing animals in their natural surroundings.


My biggest dream is to go to Italy for an extended period of time and explore the entire country, and I know that he will do everything in his power to make this dream come true, so I would also like to be responsible for fulfilling one of his...a real-deal African safari! 

6.  What is your idea of perfect bliss?
Sitting outside on great deck on a beautiful night enjoying my dear friends and family over a little vino and a yummy meal that includes a super delicious desert!  Thankfully, this happens very often in my life and it is when I am most happy! 


7.  Which talent would you most like to have?
So easy...Since I was a little girl I have wished for a voice.  I have performed in front of a mirror singing everything from Loretta Lyn to Beyonce.  I think it would be awesome to create such strong feelings in other people with your voice...plus all the cute stage clothes and shaking your booty all over the place!  FYI - I am an awful, horrible singer, but I do think I sound okay singing Britney's Toxic:)

8.  My favorite snack food is...
On a normal day - apple slices and fresh almond butter
On a special day - popcorn and M&M's

9.  What is your favorite vintage find?
Um, I just purchased a very crazy 1960s sofa that I'm really in love with, but I think I would have to go with this coat.  It's actually my Nana's straight from the 70s.  I absolutely love it and it's so fun to wear!  It's cream leather with a fox fur collar.  


10.  What is your got to party recipe?
Corn dip:

2 comments:

  1. summer is so my favorite ... hands down. i love being out in the sun. I crave it.

    PS thank you both for the book rec. I icted it up yesterday and will read it in the airort today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *picked
    * airport
    Sorry typing too fast.

    ReplyDelete