Friday, April 23, 2010

meet the bloggers: the brunette

We thought it would be fun to each come up with a few questions and both answer them all so you can get to know a little about us! 

We would love to know more about you too, so why don't you play along in the comments section 
- it's FRIDAY after all!!
1. If you could only leave the country one more time in your lifetime where would you go?
Is it cheating if I say Europe?!
I want to see all of Europe, but if I had to pick one country it would absolutely be Ireland.




2. One thing your closet has to have..
Heels in every color you can think of!


3. Favorite time of the year
Early fall – when the days are warm and the nights are cold – the leaves are starting to change, I love breaking out the jeans and sweaters and boots! Blankets, campfires, smores, lanterns...

4. Favorite thing to eat for breakfast
Swedish crepes from IHop!
I love the texture of the crepes with the tangy lingonberry butter and lingonberries! YUM!

5. One thing you have to do before you die
Sail on the ocean
 

6. What is your idea of perfect bliss?
Laying in a hammock under a shade tree but not so dense that some sun doesn’t come through too, with my shades on, reading a book or the latest issue of Domino (yes, in perfect bliss-land, Domino is still in publication), with someone standing next to me to put my frozen mango margarita (with straw) in my hand when I reach out for it.


7. Which talent would you most like to have?
To be able to dance like Shakira!! (and I’d take the abs that come with it) ;o)


A couple years ago I actually got a hair perm after watching the Shakira video for "Hips Don't Lie"
 - yeah, it didn't turn out that great.

8. My favorite snack food is…
This is going to sound a little weird...
My favorite snack is to put some crumbled goat cheese on a fork, and put that in my mouth, then pop in a grape tomato and squish it all up at once – oh. so. yummy.

9. What is your favorite vintage find?
My FAVORITE is this really great picture of my grandfather - AKA "papaw" - southern term if you're not from these here parts ;o) - swinging on a tree with the old car in the background! I had this blown up and framed about a year ago.


I also found this one of my grandmother ("mamaw") climbing the same tree (I think).


I also love this one of my great aunt?  I think I get my fashion obsession from her.  :o)
I mean, how much more matched and accessorized can you get?  LOVE.


Heels and gloves at the beach - so what?  I look GOOD!  :o)

10. What is your go-to party recipe?
It seems like I always end up making cheese dip but I’m sorry I can’t share that recipe with everyone on the internet – SO – here is the recipe for my favorite cookies that I also make for parties a lot (and they’re really pretty!)

Cherry Almond Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups ground almonds
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained & chopped

Beat butter & sugar at medium speed until creamy.  Add flour, almonds & extract (I don't see a quantity on this, so I must just wing it - I love almond extract), stir in cherries.  Shape dough into balls on ungreased sheets.  Bake @ 325-degrees for 18-22 minutes, cool 2 minutes, roll in powdered sugar.

They look similar to this but are light pink in color because of the cherries - so pretty and delicate!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those pictures are priceless. U are so your Aunt! How neat is it that you have those hotos still.
    RIP domino. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tribute to Papaw and Mamaw.

    ReplyDelete